Kate Middleton broke out this week !
At the outset of her seven-day tour of India and Bhutan, the Duchess of Cambridge has also broken out of her muted color block, arising as the consummate fashion ambassador with some chameleonic looks. Shaking off the snarky “Duchess of Drab” label, Middleton has eschewed her austere navy dress suits and understated tweed ensembles for a bolder palette that blends the best of beloved British designers, such as Alexander Queen, with visually arresting tour de forces from local Indian designers.
Let’s squirt over the looks she’s served so far, shall we?
1. This paisley-print peplum top complete with a matching skirt from Alexander McQueen
2. This beaded sapphire gown, designed by British designer Jenny Packham and accessorized by Indian jeweler Amrapali
3. This Jaipur-inspired tunic dress from local designer Anita Dongre
Middleton paired the ankle-length dress with some wedges, which are also, apparently, perfect for soccer.
4. This Peter Pan-collared dress from British designer Emilia Wickstead
5. This monochromatic Alice Temperley outfit, which features an embroidered crop top and ankle-length skirt