Team your blacks and whites with a shade of your choice.
With spring coming soon, it’s only natural for us to start drooling over bright and sunny yellows. We’ve put together five quick tips to help you work a yellow jacket without ending up looking like a big sunflower (Hint: Take some inspiration from these ladies).
1. Say white: White shirts — printed or otherwise — work as the perfect complement to a bright yellow jacket. In case you are going with print, look for smaller patterns to avoid looking overwhelming.
2. Make a statement: A statement neckpiece or chunky bangles work very well with a solid colour. You can also wear a delicate but striking neckpiece like the one Anushka Manchanda is sporting (see pic above).
3. Basic black: Work a well-fitted overall black outfit like Amrita Arora (see pic below left) to enhance the impact of your yellow jacket.
4. Go casual: Yellow is the yummiest shade to flaunt during the approaching summer season. Pair it with a pale shirt and dark blue denims or even flirty summer dresses and ballerinas.
5. Skintone wise: Choose the right shade. If you are on the fairer side, look for shades of mustard or pale yellows. Avoid neon shades. Those with wheatish skin tones can try bright, bold yellows, while those who are darker can opt for almost all shades of yellow or those with tones of gold.